wwPDB New Deposition and Annotation System
The wwPDB partners have joined forces in creating the next generation of PDB deposition and annotation tools. This new system was created to enhance the wwPDB's ability to meet the evolving deposition requirements from the scientific community over the next decade. The system unifies the deposition and annotation systems across all wwPDB deposition centers and focuses on improving data quality and completeness in the PDB archive, while supporting growth in the number of depositions and increases in size and complexity of the structures deposited.
The new deposition interface will support structures determined using X-ray diffraction, EM and/or NMR methods. In the interest of a smooth transition, the new system currently accepts and processes X-ray structures. NMR and 3DEM structures will begin to be deposited and annotated in the new system.
The new deposition system allows joint PDB (coordinate) and/or EMDB (map) as well as BMRB (NMR experimental data) deposition. At the end of a joint deposition both the PDB and EMDB/BMRB accession codes will be issued.
For X-ray structures, access the new wwPDB deposition site at:
For NMR model coordinates and experimental data, access the current deposition systems at:
For EM model coordinates and maps data, access the current deposition system at:
- A common, web based, deposition interface across all wwPDB sites
- Minimization of manual entry. The new system easily extracts all information contained in PDBx depositions & pdb_extract output
- Submissions can be based on existing depositions
- Enables coordinate and experimental data file replacement prior to submission and after processing
- Preview and download PDB files post-submission
- Supports structures determined by multiple methods that are currently accepted, i.e., X-ray/neutron hybrid method
- PDBx/mmCIF is the master file format: The new system will accept, process, and distribute data in PDBx/mmCIF format.
- Validation based on recommendations from community Task Forces
(X-ray | EM | NMR)
- Improved checking for ligand chemistry and polymer sequence consistency
- Communicate with PDB annotation staff using web-based interface
- Validation Module
Based on recommendations from method-specific community Task Forces
(X-ray | EM | NMR)
- Creates PDF validation report for depositor review and submission to journals
- Model quality, Model/data fit, Residue plots
- Slider plots of key statistics for overall quality at-a-glance
- Tabulations of diagnostics for entry components such as Macromolecules and Ligands
- Summary table for key data and refinement stats
- Improved status tracking and file versioning
- Improve interface for 2D and 3D view in ligand chemistry comparison and sequence alignment
- Calculated Annotations
- Automatically derives data for secondary structure, binding sites, linkage and predicted biological assemblies are displayed in a tabular form at UI and 3D visualization for review and edit as needed