ModelCIF Working Group
This Working Group (WG) is focused on development of common data standards and software tools for representing and archiving computed structure models. The WG is involved in the development of the ModelCIF extension of the PDBx/mmCIF data dictionary, which provides the data representation for archiving computed structure models. The WG promotes adoption of the ModelCIF data standards in the computational structural biology community and is also involved in development of software tools that support ModelCIF, such as the python-modelcif software library.
The ModelCIF data standards are used by the ModelArchive and MODBASE. Research teams making computed structure models available from their own web portals are strongly encouraged to do so using the ModelCIF data standard, and, where appropriate, deposit their computed structure models into the ModelArchive to ensure long-term preservation and public access.
- Ivan Anischanka, RoseTTAFold/University of Washington
- Stefan Bienert, ModelArchive/University of Basel
- Stephen K. Burley, RCSB Protein Data Bank/Rutgers University
- Dennis Piehl, RCSB Protein Data Bank/Rutgers University
- Ian Silitoe, Genome3D/University College London
- Gerardo Tauriello, ModelArchive/University of Basel
- James Tolchard, Protein Data Bank in Europe/European Bioinformatics Institute
- Brinda Vallat, RCSB Protein Data Bank/Rutgers University
- Mihaly Varadi, Protein Data Bank in Europe/European Bioinformatics Institute
- Sameer Velankar, Protein Data Bank in Europe/European Bioinformatics Institute
- Benjamin Webb, MODBASE/University of California, San Francisco
- Wei Zheng, I-TASSER/University of Michigan
- Augustin Zidek, AlphaFold/Deepmind
The group meets virtually on a monthly basis to discuss ongoing development of ModelCIF and related tools.